Cryotherapy Treatment | Cosmetic Laser Solutions SA
Cosmetic Laser Solutions SA offers Cryotherapy treatment for the effective removal of skin lesions..
Cryotherapy is a procedure to treat a skin lesion by freezing it. The precision of CryoPen allows for removal of unwanted lesions in small delicate areas without damage to the surrounding healthy tissue. CryoPen uses controlled high-pressure Nitrous Oxide (N20) directly to the lesion to freeze the interstitial fluid leading to Cryo-necrosis. It’s a quick precise and painless treatment suitable for the removal of aesthetic lesions such as:
- Skin tags
- Age spots and Milia
- Cherry Angiomas
- Seborrheic Keratosis
Contraindications and considerations before treatment:
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Open wounds
- Immune Disorders
- Unexplained, suspicious liver spots and moles
- Cancer tissues and malignant tumours
- Cold intolerance – Raynaud’s Disease
- Vascular insufficiency
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Anaemia, chronic illness or general poor health
- Fitzpatrick skin types 4, 5 & 6 – should take care as they are prone to scarring.
Undiagnosed or suspicious lesions – if have any of the following symptoms, please contact your doctor or nearest cancer skin clinic for a check-up:
- Lesions that appear quickly, grow, or change colour, texture and shape
- Lesions that bleed easily or take longer to heal
- Lesions that are itchy, sting, or easily irritated
Are there risks to Cryotherapy?
There are generally risks with any treatment, but at Cosmetic Laser Solutions SA we seek to minimise those risks with a comprehensive consultation at which time the risks are discussed. Risks of Cryotherapy include but are not limited to blisters, changes in skin colour such as hypopigmentation (skin turns white) or hyperpigmentation (skin turns darker).
The content on this website is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended in any way to substitute professional medical advice during an in office consultation and examination by a physician. Any photos from this web site including text “Copyright: Cosmetic Laser Solutions” may not be copied and reprinted in any way without written permission from Cosmetic Laser Solutions.